Multi-grip, high strength steel and stainless steel breakstem fasteners.
The Avdel Stavex® Steel Rivet is a multi-grip, high-strength breakstem fastener. Produced in either steel or stainless steel to meet your requirements, this blind rivet can replace several grip fasteners. With good hole fill and a large bulbing tail, this rivet is ideal for use on thin sheet materials.
- Multi-grip capability
- Superior hole fill
- High shear and tensile strength
- Provides a large blind side bearing area against the rear sheet
- Retained stem
- Stainless steel option provides high corrosion resistance and is ideal or applications requiring elevated temperatures
- Wide choice of installation tools
- One fastener can be used to replace several standard grip fasteners
- Accommodates wide variations in material thickness
- Reduced fastener inventory and simpler stock control
- Spreads the tail bearing load/clamp on the rear sheet
- Ideal for use in thin sheet materials
- Compensates for irregular, oversized, slotted or misaligned holes
- Can stop sheet movement in non-standard holes
- Provides strong, vibration resistant joints
- No damage, electrical problems or rattling due to loose stems
Stavex® can be used to fasten:
- Metal to metal
- Plastic to plastic
- Metal to plastic
- Metal rear sheet
- Commercial vehicles
- Domestic appliances
- Electrical equipment
- General light industrial
- Heating and ventilating
- Sizes: 3.2mm to 6.4mm (1/8" to ¼")
- Materials: Steel or stainless steel
- Headforms: Dome, countersunk and large flange
Stavex® - Technical Data Sheets
Data Series Metric
Data Series Imperial
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
>>> Surface Finishes and Fastener Matrix for Breakstem Systems.
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture breakstem fasteners with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities:
>>> Breakstem Fasteners & Sealing Plugs - Customised Designs
Additonal Series Animation:
Stavex® BS11 - Stainless Steel
Thepictures below show some Avdel® handtools and installation equipment which can be used to place Stavex® fasteners.
Follow this link to find the tools suitable for your breakstem fastener:
>>> Placing Capablity Genesis® nG Tools
Nose Equipment Selection
Follow this link to find the correct nose equipment for your breakstem fastener:
>>> Nose Equipment Genesis® nG Tools
For further information on specific nose equipment, please contact your local Avdel® representative or use our tool manuals:
>>> Tool Manuals
Multi-grip, aluminium alloy breakstem fasteners with a long and reliable track record in a wide range of applications and industries.
Speed fasteners with a bulbed tail providing consistent high clamp and shear.
New high performance, lightweight hydro-pneumatic handtools for breakstem rivets.
0BE34-00614 0BE34-00618 0BE34-00622 01610-04844 0BS01-00414 0BS01-00516 0BS01-00614 0BS01-00618 0BS01-00622 0BS04-00614 0BS04-00618 0BS11-00414 0BS11-00516 0BS11-00618 0BX24-00612